Moody Heat Exchangers’ Five Top Tips for Maintaining Plate Heat Exchangers
Moody Heat Exchangers has released their five top tips for maintaining plate heat exchangers which are used extensively in modern processing plants in the dairy, ice cream, brewing, soft drinks, and food industries for pasteurisation and other heating or cooling duties.
These five top tips provide engineering managers with simple steps to reduce unscheduled plant downtime:
1. Regular servicing and maintenance of a plate pack will ensure peak performance of the plate heat exchanger, reducing energy consumption, and minimising the risk of costly unscheduled production downtime;
2. Test plate packs periodically for leaks caused by cracks or pin holes in the plates, or from worn gaskets. This will ensure there is no intermixing of fluids which could result in product quality issues. Integrity testing can be carried out on site and offer instant pass/fail results;
3. Recondition plates on a regular basis to ensure optimum heat transfer, prolong the life of the plate heat exchanger, eliminate external leakage, and reduce the risk of intermixing fluids;
4. Choose a reputable service organisation to service your plate heat exchanger. This will ensure the plates are reconditioned using the correct chemicals, failed plates replaced with genuine OEM plates, and genuine OEM gaskets in the correct materials are supplied and correctly adhered to the plates.
5. Don’t forget about documentation. When a plate heat exchanger is serviced it should be returned to the customer with a complete set of documentation confirming the work carried out by the servicing company, details of new gaskets supplied, details of any failed plates, and details of new plates supplied. This will ensure customers satisfy quality requirements.
Moody Heat Exchangers service and integrity test plate heat exchangers, and supply plates and gaskets for all known brands of plate heat exchangers including Alfa Laval, APV, Arsopi, Fischer, GEA, Pasilac, Schmidt, Sondex, Swep, Tetra Pak, Tranter, and Vicarb.
To find out more please contact Moody Heat Exchangers free on 0800 666 397 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org