Note from BFBi:US FDA Registration
* British companies exporting food and drink to the United States need to quickly re-register with the US Government after it overhauled its licensing rules.
* The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has said that every foreign and domestic food company must sign up again by 31 January otherwise they will temporarily lose access to the US market.
* The FDA will then require this re-registration every two years – with the next registration required in 2014.
* Guidance on registration requirements can be found here http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodDefenseandEmergencyResponse/ucm331959.htm
* Exporters can apply online http://www.access.fda.gov/ or in writing and are advised to sign up for the FDA’s email updates https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USFDA/subscriber/new?pop=t&topic_id=USFDA_206