It’s Better Down the Pub: your support needed!
SIBA was one of the original industry supporters of It’s Better Down the Pub; indeed the inspiration for the video at the heart of the campaign was our ‘Proud of British Beer’ film – view it at:
Our political campaigning has for some time been accentuating the positive and this campaign again highlights the pub as a responsible venue in which to enjoy alcohol, and the pub industry as a major employer, particularly of young people.
We are keen to continue lending support to It’s Better Down the Pub, which we hope will encourage more people to share their positive experiences of visiting the pub. To contribute to this success, the campaign team is asking for SIBA’s help in a couple of areas:
- Competition prizes: to encourage consumers to enter the competitions which are key to the campaign. Can you offer any of the following?
- Cases of beer
- Branded merchandise
- Brewery tours
- Free round of drinks in one of your pubs
- Tickets to events: sports fixtures, music festivals, beer festivals
All prizes great or small will all be gratefully received – and will of course give your brewery or pub exposure on the It’s Better Down the Pub website.
- Social media: we know that many SIBA members are using Twitter and Facebook very effectively to engage with consumers, so we are asking you please do whatever you can to link your social networks to those of the campaign. The details are:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ItsBetterDownThePub
- Twitter: @IBDTP
The official consumer launch for It’s Better Down the Pub is on 10th June, but there’s no reason to wait to get involved in the campaign, in fact the more content and especially competition prizes we can have ready to promote on launch day, the better.
It is in the interests of every SIBA member to make this campaign a success, so I look forward to seeing the offers of help from our brewer, associate and SIBA Locals members.