SIBA launches new Export Club for members
The Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) is launching a new Export Club to help its members export their beer across the world. The club aims to open more doors for independent breweries to sell the ‘best beer in the world’ outside the UK.
SIBA, which represents more than 800 independent breweries, is offering them five different streams of export support:
- Information Conduit – SIBA will offer introductory advice and guidance and work closely with the UKTi on a variety of export activities.
- Administrative support for brewers – SIBA is able to provide members with UK based administrative support including Excise Movement and Control System management for their individual export opportunities.
- Cooperative Export Sales Agency – SIBA is able to purchase any beer brand from member brewers and sell to export customers on a commercial basis, giving export customers a one-stop shop. SIBA is not seeking to replace existing UK based exporting sales companies, but to provide initial or additional commercial opportunities. SIBA will seek beer brands and brewers’ prices, make offers to potential customers, collate delivery to one UK depot, administer export logistics and receive all monies.
- SIBA is prepared to co-ordinate the administration of export missions/events whereby specific SIBA members will be attending and marketing their own beer brands.
- Generic Exhibition Stands – SIBA will participate in UKTi export missions, with SIBA representatives attending foreign embassies and events. SIBA will promote generically British beer, by exhibiting selected brands from Export Club members
SIBA recently represented UK brewers at the Madrid Beer Week, presenting six leading brands from its membership at venues across the city. The craft beer movement in Spain continues apace with Barcelona and Madrid leading the way. Madrid Beer Week offered scores of brands from new domestic breweries, but Spanish drinkers were very willing to taste the best of British too.
SIBA managing director Mike Benner said, “With so much competition in the UK beer industry for space on the bar or on the retailers’ shelves, it is important that SIBA develops opportunities in the export market for its members. The export market can be a real challenge for smaller brewers and SIBA has created the Export Club to inform, advise and open more doors around the world for our members to promote their fantastic beers.”
SIBA members interested in joining the Export Club should contact Nick.Stafford@siba.co.uk