Cask Marque issues new release of CaskFinder app
Casque Marque’s CaskFinder app is used over 50,000 times a month to discover Cask Marque pubs, and following consumer feedback, a major new release has been issued for both iPhone and Android versions.
Much of the upgrade is based around aspects of the ‘World’s Biggest Ale Trail’:
- Drinkers can organise their ale trail visits by differentiating on the map between those pubs which they have visited (red icon) and those still on the wish list (blue icon).
- Log on to different phones or devices and see their ale trail so no data is ever lost when they upgrade phones.
- Keep track of favourite pubs visited and beers sampled. Great for refreshing the memory after a heavy night out.
- Provide feedback on beer quality, service and ‘try before you buy’ to Cask Marque
- Easy facility to report any technical issues or non-displaying of certificates via the pub details page.
- Beer Festivals are now displayed on a map making it easy to find a beer festival nearby.
- Scan bottled beer bar codes to read the Cyclops description.
Paul Nunny of Cask Marque felt the massive investment was paying dividends “We have a target of 100,000 uses a month by the year end. This upgrade will further engage cask ale drinkers and deliver more footfall to Cask Marque accredited pubs. A recent NOP survey showed that 64% of 21-44 year old cask ale drinkers recognise the Cask Marque plaque. This is a higher percentage than other age groups in part due to the CaskFinder app.”
Feedback from consumers has been very encouraging. Rich Milligan from Newbury said “It’s a really useful app and I’ve had great fun getting to 100 scanned pubs in the ale trail and becoming a Cask Marque Ambassador”.