SIBA Recruiting Events & Marketing Officer
|Job Title||Events & Marketing Officer|
|Location||SIBA Head Office in Ripon, North Yorkshire, with regular travel throughout the UK.|
|Purpose of the Role||Planning & Delivering SIBA Events alongside supporting Head of Comms & Marketing to deliver Marketing Strategy|
|Reporting to||Head of Membership Services, Head of Comms & Marketing|
|Salary||£25 – £28k per annum, depending on experience|
|Hours||Full Time 37.5 hours per week (These hours can vary and may be necessary when there are deadlines to be met or when working away from the office)|
About the Role
The newly created role of Events & Marketing Officer will work closely with the Head of Membership Services and the Head of Comms & Marketing to coordinate and deliver industry-leading events across the UK – including SIBA Independent Beer Awards, SIBA Regional Member Meetings, and industry events and sponsorship opportunities as they arise throughout the year. The Events & Marketing Officer will also play a key role in the ongoing organisation and implementation of the UK’s biggest beer and brewing trade event, BeerX UK.
As a membership organisation representing the independent craft brewing sector, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent communications and information to our membership of brewers, suppliers, homebrewers and bottle shops. As such a key function of the Events & Marketing Officer role is to ensure our members are kept up to date on upcoming events, meetings, and opportunities, with effective communications and marketing across email, digital and social media.
This varied and exciting role will include regular travel throughout the UK; delivering industry-leading events and beer competitions to the 8 SIBA Membership regions across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Plan & deliver SIBA events (with support from the SIBA Team), including but not limited to: Regional & National Independent Beer Awards, Regional Meetings, BeerX, External Industry Events and trade shows.
- Manage the Events Calendar and relevant website pages
- Liaise with Regional Directors regarding events in their region
- Work with Head of Comms to deliver relevant communications regarding SIBA activity and events to the membership
- Handle emails and incoming calls, including member enquiries, ensuring these are progressed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Support the Membership Services Team with project delivery, general administrative tasks etc
SIBA are looking for a highly-organised, enthusiastic individual with an ability to deliver under pressure, and a talent for thinking on your feet.
A knowledge or personal interest in craft beer or brewing is desirable but not essential, as is experience of working for a membership organisation, particularly in an event planning, marketing or communications role.
Relevant qualifications will be taking into consideration for this role alongside on-the-job experience.
Candidate Skills & Qualities
- Experience of event organising
- Excellent organisational & administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience of marketing and communications tools such as MailChimp, WordPress etc
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Able to work away from home as and when the job role requires
- Ability to work without supervision on designated tasks
The Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) is a trade association representing around 750 independent craft breweries across the UK, as well hundreds more supplier businesses, amateur brewers and beer retailers.
SIBA’s vision is to deliver the future of British independent brewing, and we aim to do this in a number of ways; by providing advice and professional services for small and independent breweries, by lobbying Government for a fairer deal for British beer, by organising beer competitions and events across the UK, and by engaging with the broader beer and pubs industry on behalf of independent brewers.
As the Events & Marketing Officer at SIBA you will be part of small, highly effective team, that works together to deliver real impact in a vibrant and diverse independent craft beer industry.
How to apply
If you would like to apply then please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you believe you would be a great fit for this role, to the Head of Membership Services, Rachel Harriott via Rachel.email@example.com